Kat Rohrer founded GreenKat Productions in 2002, while she was still studying at The School of Visual Arts in New York City. Since, Kat has directed and produced more than ten short films, music videos, documentaries, and a wide variety of industrials and commercials. Some of her bigger clients include: Roland Foods, Austrian National Tourist Board, Vienna Tourist Commission, PersonalBasis, Wolkenrot.
Her short film The Search won Best Short at the 2005 LA Femme Film Festival. Her 2011 short Film Wantless was selected for the 2011 Hamptons Film Festival. Kat has also been DP on various feature length documentaries including Larry Flynt: The Right To Be Left Alone for Midtown Films, which screened around the world and has been aired on IFC.
Her first feature documentary, Fatal Promises, which deals with human was released in NYC in 2010 and toured the US, Europe and Middle East at festivals, universities and was aired on TV.
Her new documentary Back to the Fatherland, premiered at the Haifa International Film Festival before embarking on a festival tour through Israel, Europe and the US. With European and US distribution now in place the film will be released theatrical this fall in multiple countries across Europe and the US.
She is currently in development for her new documentary Enough is Enough and her first narrative feature film Looking for Emma T.
- 2018/2/09 Back to the Fatherland screening at Austrian Film Week in Israel
- 2017/11/08 We are going to Docs for Sale @ IDFA
- 2017/10/15 Its been a whirlwind!
- 2017/10/10 Two Film Festivals, Two Countries, Two Premieres
- 2017/9/19 Two Festival Premieres for Back to the Fatherland
- 2017/1/23 We will be at the Berlinale in February, come meet us!
- 2016/9/20 Back to the Fatherland? has been selected to participate in EuroDoc 2016
- 2016/2/5 GreenKat is going to the Berlinale
- 2016/1/21 Kat Rohrer participates in SVA Women Strong Event
- 2015/5/1 GreenKat's new documentary recieves funds from Vienna Film Fund
- 2014/7/3 GreenKat films Mural Project for ArtWorks for Freedom
- 2014/1/14 Kat Rohrer directs Interactive Human Trafficking Play in Florida
- 2013/11/25 Holding auditions in Jacksonville, FL for Human Trafficking Theater piece
- 2013/3/17 GreenKat Productions releases "Fatal Promises" on DVD
- 2012/4/18 GreenKat Productions produces Roland Foods Training Videos
- 2013/2/27 Roland Foods launches new wesbite featuring GreenKat Production's videos
- 2012/2/16 We need your help to get Fatal Promises on the road
- 2012/1/13 Fatal Promises to screen at BITHAR Film Forum
- 2011/10/24 Fatal Promises screening at UNAFF in Palo Alto
- 2011/09/13 "Wantless" to screen at the 2011 Hamptons Film Festival
- 2011/06/06 Fatal Promises to screen at the Levante Bari Film Festival
- 2011/02/16 Fatal Promises to screen in NYC twice in March
- 2010/03/03 Fatal Promises goes Tufts
- 2009/12/10Fatal Promises takes Vienna by storm
- 2009/11/26 Coming Home!
- 2009/09/24 Fatal Promises Trailer to play at the fifth annual Clinton Global Initiative
- 2009/09/15 Fatal Promises premieres at SVA Theater in NYC