Thomas Marschall studied cultural and visual anthropology at the University of Vienna. From 2002 to 2009, he continued his studies in film, cinematography and screenplay writing at the Academy for Cinema and Television, University of Performing Arts Vienna. Since 2008, Thomas has shot and directed several documentary projects, which have been supported by the BMUKK and have aired on 3SAT, ORF, ARTE, and several other television stations. His films have screened internationally at festivals inclunding Glasgow Film Festival, Vancouver International Film Festival, and International Doc Festival Madrid.
He has also been the DOP on national and international commercials for TV, and some of his clients include Vodafone UK, Kraft Foods.
Since 2010, Thomas has been very involved in numerous cross-over projects in the areas of film, visual art, and science.
See some of his work here:
Vodafone Foundation CSR Commercial
Frauenhelpline gegen Männergewalt
Philadelphia Cream Cheese
- 2018/2/09 Back to the Fatherland screening at Austrian Film Week in Israel
- 2017/11/08 We are going to Docs for Sale @ IDFA
- 2017/10/15 Its been a whirlwind!
- 2017/10/10 Two Film Festivals, Two Countries, Two Premieres
- 2017/9/19 Two Festival Premieres for Back to the Fatherland
- 2017/1/23 We will be at the Berlinale in February, come meet us!
- 2016/9/20 Back to the Fatherland? has been selected to participate in EuroDoc 2016
- 2016/2/5 GreenKat is going to the Berlinale
- 2016/1/21 Kat Rohrer participates in SVA Women Strong Event
- 2015/5/1 GreenKat's new documentary recieves funds from Vienna Film Fund
- 2014/7/3 GreenKat films Mural Project for ArtWorks for Freedom
- 2014/1/14 Kat Rohrer directs Interactive Human Trafficking Play in Florida
- 2013/11/25 Holding auditions in Jacksonville, FL for Human Trafficking Theater piece
- 2013/3/17 GreenKat Productions releases "Fatal Promises" on DVD
- 2012/4/18 GreenKat Productions produces Roland Foods Training Videos
- 2013/2/27 Roland Foods launches new wesbite featuring GreenKat Production's videos
- 2012/2/16 We need your help to get Fatal Promises on the road
- 2012/1/13 Fatal Promises to screen at BITHAR Film Forum
- 2011/10/24 Fatal Promises screening at UNAFF in Palo Alto
- 2011/09/13 "Wantless" to screen at the 2011 Hamptons Film Festival
- 2011/06/06 Fatal Promises to screen at the Levante Bari Film Festival
- 2011/02/16 Fatal Promises to screen in NYC twice in March
- 2010/03/03 Fatal Promises goes Tufts
- 2009/12/10Fatal Promises takes Vienna by storm
- 2009/11/26 Coming Home!
- 2009/09/24 Fatal Promises Trailer to play at the fifth annual Clinton Global Initiative
- 2009/09/15 Fatal Promises premieres at SVA Theater in NYC